With the information and support we have gathered from our families, and the updated guidance we have received from the American Camp Association and CDC, we are excited to announce our alternative adventure program for summer 2020 - TVRC Outrider Expeditions!
This program will run in mid-July for 15-days. It will be backcountry focused with single-gender, age-appropriate trips.
Hiking and horseback trips are available.
Enrollment will be available June 1 - June 15. Click the apply button on our main navigation to apply during that time period.
If interested visit this page to read the camper and parent handbook for more information on the program.
You can also email Jim Ligori with any questions.
As everyone knows well, this pandemic has been continually changing, so we are proceeding forward cautiously. We appreciate your patience in this process, and even though we are ready to move ahead, we must all understand that we aren’t out of the woods yet.
There are still aspects of this situation that are out of our control, which may impact our ability to run Expeditions, even at the last moment. We are eager to provide interested campers and families with a unique TVRC option this year. Although quite different from our traditional camp, it will still have aspects of TVRC we know and love.
We have made the tough decision as a Leadership Team and Board to cancel our traditional 2020 summer programming this summer. It is after much deliberation over the past few weeks and with heavy hearts that we make this decision.
We are hopeful that we may be able to run a shortened program starting in mid-July and running through mid-August. Once we can review the guidelines that the American Camp Association and the CDC are releasing in the coming two weeks, we will be able to make a determination.
Our next update will be shared here on May 18. Please don’t hesitate to reach out between now and then if you have any questions. Jim Ligori, Camp Director - firstname.lastname@example.org
TVRC Camper Families, Springtime in the Tetons is quickly approaching, which means that it is almost camp season! Mountain Bluebirds and American Robins have returned to the valley, and the snow is slowly starting to recede. Even though our country is in the midst of a severe pandemic, we are still planning for camp and hopeful that we can operate in some fashion this summer. We continue to be watchful of this ever-changing situation. We are focused on the health, safety, and wellbeing of our Campers, their families, and the TVRC Staff.
We know that many of you have reached out with questions regarding how we are moving forward. I am hopeful the following points will help answer some of your concerns. Please reach out to me if you have any more questions.
Tuition Deadline: Tuition invoices have been sent out to the billing contact of your account. TVRC will communicate a decision regarding the feasibility of a modification of the 2020 season on or before Monday, May 4.
TVRC has extended the current due date for tuition and camp forms from May 1 to May 15. Tuition will be due in full at that time.
We encourage you to complete the camp forms not affected by the Covid-19 pandemic as soon as possible, so we have ample time on our end to meet your requests and needs.
2020 Program Cancellation or Modification Scenario
You will have the opportunity to receive a full refund of your deposit and any tuition or roll your tuition payment into the 2021 season (at the current 2020 tuition rate). If you inform TVRC that your camper will not attend before TVRC’s decision regarding cancelation or modification of the 2020 season, our existing refund policy remains in effect. You can access TVRC’s refund policy as part of your camper’s application from the “Forms and Documents” tab of your CampMinder account at this link:
TVRC Camp in Touch If we modify (shorten) the 2020 season, we will reduce tuition on a prorated basis. If we cancel or modify the 2020 season, we will provide specific details about all of your options with the announcement.
We know there may be additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me via email at email@example.com. TVRC has also investigated a third party camp tuition insurance program. This optional program may protect your 2020 tuition investment should you have to cancel because of an injury or illness. If this is something you’re interested in, please send me an email, and we will forward the specifics for this insurance. Even in this challenging time, we are still focused on planning this summer. We have a fantastic team of returning staff and some new folks that are eager to spend the summer with us. Our trip reservations are made, staff manuals are being updated, and we are looking forward to warmer days and the return to summer. Thank you for your many thoughtful and supportive comments which we have received from camp families. We send love to you and your family during these complicated times and cross our fingers that we will be able to see many of you at the ranch in the coming months!
Teton Valley Ranch Camp continues to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic that is sweeping our nation and the world. We feel the impact experienced by many families and communities. We hear personal stories from many of you regarding school closures, staff recalled from study abroad programs, transitioning to virtual learning, families practicing social distancing, and self-isolating themselves. These are indeed unpredictable and unsettling times, but we are confident we will emerge stronger as a community, nation, and world. We can do this, as we accomplish difficult things and overcome trying times.
For detailed information on the situation in Wyoming regarding Covid-19, please follow this link to the Wyoming Department of Health’s Covid-19 page. It’s clear to us as a leadership team that the virus will continue to spread and circulate across the country and within Wyoming.
At this time, Teton Valley Ranch Camp is continuing to monitor the situation regarding COVID-19. Although this remains fluid, we anticipate holding both sessions of camp this summer at this time. However, it’s likely that we will see some impact to our program because of the COVID-19 outbreak. At this time, we are still preparing for the season and are hopeful camp will proceed. If we do cancel the season, we will determine and communicate what the options are for refunds at that time.
We have learned that the Department of State has paused J-1 Visa application for internationals for 60 days. Although we don’t know if our handful of international staff will make it to camp, we do appreciate the diversity and character they add to our community. To clarify, TVRC does not rely on international staff to operate our program, we have a strong returning team of American staff committed for 2020, and would likely backfill the open positions with other applicants as needed. We are still hopeful that our hired internationals will be able to join us at camp this summer, even if they are delayed.
In the TVRC office, we all will be working from home until further notice. Feel free to reach out to us via our email; you can also contact me on my cell phone (number below). We have all canceled our immediate travel plans and any that brought us into close contact with others and will be practicing social distancing to help “flatten the curve” in our local community. Further, our local schools have suspended classes through April 5 with possible extensions.
We know that this can be a challenging time that causes both parents and children unneeded stress and anxiety. If you are wondering how to talk to your child about the Coronavirus outbreak, the following article has some great tips:
We remain focused and excited about the summer of 2020. We continue to move forward with planning and scheduling the 2020 season. Further, we are looking into a tuition insurance program that may offer some additional protection for our families. The insurance program would be an opt-in process generating an additional fee to a third party insurance provider. Unfortunately, we do not have a lot of specific details on this program right now, but we will provide them as soon as possible. Again, this will be an optional program and may not be available to all families due to different state laws.
As a reminder, this is our Cancelation Policy as it stands:
All cancellations or attendance changes must be submitted in writing and must be written by the camper’s legal guardian. In the case that a refund is allowed, TVRC-EF will see to it that the funds will be returned to the original payer. Upon cancellation, the $1,500 deposit is non-refundable.
All cancellations made before May 1: Tuition will be returned to the payer, minus $1,500 non-refundable deposit.
Any cancellations made on or after May 1: No refund offered
Force Majeure: In the event of evacuation from, or closure of the camp due to a natural disaster, an act of war or terrorism, or for any other reason, financial loss will be shared equally between TVRC-EF and the payer based on calculated per diem rate.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Jim Ligori directly - firstname.lastname@example.org or 307-690-2185